CFE Media recently launched redesigned websites for all four of the company’s magazine brands: Control Engineering, Consulting-Specifying Engineer; Oil & Gas Engineering, and Plant Engineering. Without disrupting the same-high quality content, the company adjusted the look, navigation, and other features for all brands to better serve subscribers and visitors. The new web platforms include features such as:
- More logically organized content in page design, navigation bars (top and bottom), and nested topics to display articles and other favorites, such as webcasts, research, New Products for Engineers, Global System Integrator Database (Control Engineering and Plant Engineering), Digital Reports, and CFE Edu online training courses.
- Search engine optimization: Yoast SEO plugin from WordPress will power the indexability of the website to drastically increase search engine results. All brand websites have already experienced increased traffic.
- Responsive website design allows convenient mobile access with automated content adjustment (using HTML5) appropriate to screen size and device used.
- New modern ad positions and sizes: New positioning and sizing are intended to increase visibility and generate clicks. Banner ads are now available in the following sizes for desktop viewing:
- 300×600 pixel skyscraper
- 250×300 pixel boombox
- 728×90 pixel leaderboard
- Improved search engine: Faster finding with less looking results from better search tools applied to the vast well of content available from each brand. Results can be sorted by author, content, topics, types, with more recent results first.
- Native advertising options: Sponsored content will be more prominent on each website’s most visited page—the homepage.
- Faster loading pages: Content is optimized to facilitate faster loading of content from our servers to your devices.
- Contextual ad targeting allows advertisers to position their ads on contextually relevant pages within the website’s various channels and pages.
- Integrated access: Multiple content types can be displayed on the home page (and will be more easily identified, with appreciated print-like conventions).
- Advertising on mobile gives advertisers increased exposure. All mobile ads are bundled with the desktop ads and come at no additional cost to the advertiser.
CFE Media regularly polls it’s engineering audience about how it can better serve its subscribers and other web visitors.
“Our goal is to provide our engineering audience quick and efficient access to relevant, educational content that will help them in their jobs. With the new website design and integrated tools, our users will be able to quickly identify and access that content more conveniently than ever,” says Steve Rourke, Co-Founder of CFE Media. “The entire design, layout and navigation was based on the audiences feedback and suggestions. We are very excited to see these sites come to life and serve engineers in a number of new and exciting areas.”
To view the new websites please visit the following URLs: