Original Air Date: Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 11 a.m. PT /1 p.m. CT/2 p.m. ET
As marketers targeting highly technical audiences, we know that engineers have distinct preferences when it comes to consuming content. To effectively develop and promote content to reach and engage this skeptical, fact oriented audience, we need to know:
- How engineers’ consume content
- Which content sources are valuable and why
- Which content types are valuable and why
- How they engage with online content
- The impact content has on their buying preferences
We asked a series of questions on these topics in a recent survey, and heard from over 1000 engineering related professionals who shared their opinions and insights.
Join this webcast to discover key findings that will help you better market to engineers, including:
- Valuable content sources and types
- Improve E-newsletter content
- The perceived value of blogs and important blog components
- What fields to require in contact forms
- Preferred content structure
While a great deal of general content marketing research exists, very little engineering related content marketing research has been available. This study, the second in the series, takes a deep dive into engineers’ online content preferences including how engineers consume, value and engage with content and the most effective ways to target this highly technical audience.
Patrick Lynch, Content Marketing Solutions, CFE Media
- As Director of Content Marketing Solutions, Lynch strives to collaborate with CFE Media’s marketing partners to help them build successful content marketing campaigns for targeted engineering audiences.Using Marketing to Engineers™ research and ContentStream™ content, solutions are built on proprietary insight and professionally developed content from CFE Media brands and content partners.By focusing the content on the manufacturing, commercial construction, and industrial automation markets, the content marketing solutions Lynch provides help those companies trying to target the consulting engineer, plant engineer, and controls engineer.
Rebecca Geier, CEO/Co-Founder, TREW Marketing
- Rebecca Geier is CEO and Co-Founder of TREW Marketing based in Austin, Texas. She has over 20 years of global marketing experience primarily in the B2B science, engineering and technology fields. Rebecca leads the TREW team in building strategic, thoughtful, and sustainable marketing plans for companies and their products, services and campaigns.Prior to co-founding TREW Marketing, Rebecca was the Director of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations at Austin-based National Instruments, where she worked for 14 years. With nearly two decades working in scientific and engineering industries, Rebecca is known for her technical understanding of complex topics and passionate appreciation for the impact of scientists, engineers, and technologists on society.Rebecca graduated magna cum laude from Boston College and studied at Université de Grenoble in France. She has written and co-authored many blog posts, articles, and e-books, including TREW’s popular Smart Marketing for Engineers series Building the Foundation, Product Launches and Create Marketing Engineers Love.
Sponsored by: CFE Media and TREW Marketing