This survey—the sixth in the Marketing to Engineers® series—was designed to target the average engineer in order learn about how they find, use, and engage with content that helps them better do their job. Specific topics for this installment include content usage during each phase of the buying/specifying process, engaging with suppliers, successful advertisement tactics, actions taken after viewing an advertisement, and concerns with data privacy.
- Preferred Content Types
- eNewsletters: Technical Articles (75%); Case Studies, Application Stories (63%); Product Information, Datasheets (60%).
- Websites: PDF Download (84%); HTML, Full-Length Text and Images (63%); Videos (49%).
- Social Media Networks: How-To Videos (37%); Technical Articles (37%); Product Demo Videos (33%).
- Most Important Factor When Engaging with a Supplier
- Sixty-five percent said provides valuable consultation, education, content, or tools.
- When asked how may advertisements do you believe you are exposed to during your engineering work day the average was 16 advertisements per day for the respondents.
- Some of the Most Successful Advertising Tactics were Whitepapers (28%); Sponsored Research (24%); and Print Ads (20%).