Downers Grove, Ill. — Consulting-Specifying Engineer has announced the recipients of the 2019 40 Under 40 award. This award is given to 40 nonresidential building industry professionals age 40 and younger who stand out in a variety of personal and professional aspects in their lives. To read a profile of each winner, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
Candidates were nominated by a professional colleague or mentor and judged by industry experts based on nine areas, including their commitment to superiority in their academic, professional, personal and community involvement. In the May edition and online, Consulting-Specifying Engineer honored each of these young professionals, highlighting qualities that lead him/her to sustained success, recent professional projects and personal achievements. Winners will be presented with their award at a ceremony in Chicago in October.
“This year’s 40 Under 40 winners are accomplished and diverse professionals and world-beaters,” said Amara Rozgus, Editor-in-Chief of Consulting-Specifying Engineer. “Now in its 12th year, the program continues to honor the best in the industry. You’ll meet young professionals who have climbed quickly through the ranks of their companies — or started firms of their own.”
The winners are:
- Amy Barrett, Hafer
- John Barrot, Arup
- Maxwell Chien, Kohler Ronan Consulting Engineers
- Brian Clark, USACE ERDC CERL
- Bryan Douglass, TERPconsulting
- James Falconer, Affiliated Engineers Inc.
- Karl Fenstermaker, TCM corp.
- Brendan Gardes, Newcomb & Boyd
- Joshua Gepner, ESD
- Angie Grant, Henderson Engineers
- Steve Gross, Interface Engineering Inc.
- Saranya Gunasingh, Slipstream
- Adam Hale, CJL Engineering
- Andrew Hay, RMF Engineering
- Joy Zhiwei Huang, Johnson Controls Inc.
- Qian (Samuel) Jiang, Skidmore Owings & Merrill LLP
- Deepak Kandra, Arup
- Brad Kult, HGA
- Sean Lawler, Affiliated Engineers Inc.
- Shawn MacLean, Interface Engineering Inc.
- Zachary Magnone, Johnson Controls Inc.
- Gibson Mammen, CDM Smith
- Brian McLaughlin, Arup
- Nick Mislak, Johnson Controls Inc.
- Steve Orchard, The Mitchell Partnership Inc.
- Neil Osten, Mortenson
- Nika Parsa, Integral Group
- Lucas Rae, ESD
- Melisa Rodriguez, Leo A Daly Company
- Chitwan Saluja, Jacobs
- Deanna Schmidt, Arup
- Seth Strongin, Arup
- Michael Tobias, New York Engineers
- Drew VanNess, the jdi group Inc.
- Justin Veilleux, FEA Consulting Engineers
- Kyle Waymeyer, KLH Engineers PSC
- Chris Wilson, ESD
- Tim Zelazny, ESD
- Mikhail “Misha” A. Zeltser, Power Design Inc.
- Philip Zumbrun, Thorburn Associates
For additional information about the program, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
About Consulting-Specifying Engineer
Consulting-Specifying Engineer (www.csemag.com) published by CFE Media LLC, is a monthly publication serving the nonresidential building industry. It covers mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire/life safety engineering for commercial, industrial, government, health care and high-tech buildings. CFE Media provides engineers in manufacturing, commercial and industrial buildings and manufacturing control systems with the knowledge they need to improve their operational efficiency. CFE Media LLC publishes Consulting-Specifying Engineer, Control Engineering, Oil & Gas Engineering and Plant Engineering content on a regular basis to more than 434,000 qualified subscribers. CFE Media LLC produces a wide range of weekly and monthly enewsletters, videos, live events, webcasts and virtual events on www.csemag.com, www.controleng.com, www.oilandgaseng.com and www.plantengineering.com.