Downers Grove, Ill. — Consulting-Specifying Engineer has announced the recipients of the 2018 40 Under 40 award. This award is given to 40 nonresidential building industry professionals age 40 and younger who stand out in a host of personal and professional aspects in their lives. To read a profile of each winner, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
Candidates were nominated by a professional colleague or mentor and judged by industry experts based on nine areas including their commitment to superiority in their academic, professional, personal, and community involvement. In the May edition and online, Consulting-Specifying Engineer honored each of these young professionals, highlighting qualities that lead him/her to sustained success, recent professional projects, and personal achievements. Winners will be presented with their award at a ceremony in Chicago on Wednesday, Oct. 3.
“This year’s 40 Under 40 winners are versatile, experienced, ambitious, and inspiring,” said Amara Rozgus, Editor-in-Chief of Consulting-Specifying Engineer. “Now in its eleventh year, the program continues to honor the best in the industry. And it’s more competitive each year—these winners really were stand-outs in a crowded field of nominees.”
The winners are:
- Melody Ablola, Arup
- Shannon Allison, Integral Group
- Porus Antia, STANTEC
- Peter Arvay, Energy Squared
- David Bhuta, JENSEN HUGHES
- Ryan Biziorek, Arup
- Denis Blount, Arup
- Nikhil Bodhankar, SMRT Architects and Engineers
- Russell Carr, Arup
- Kimberly Cowman, Leo A Daly
- Kyle DelPiano, Xylem Inc.
- James Dipping, ESD (Environmental Systems Design Inc.)
- Jacob Epstein, JENSEN HUGHES
- John Fetter, Primera Engineers
- Andrew Flanagan, Interface Engineering
- Laura Geiger, WSP
- Matthew Goss, CDM Smith
- James Gronek, ESD (Environmental Systems Design Inc.)
- Samuel Haberman, Alvine Engineering
- Robert Henderson, Arup
- Eric Kamm, Stanley Consultants
- Stephen Lahti, WSP USA
- Jeremy Lebowitz, JENSEN HUGHES
- Michael Moerlins, Interface Engineering
- Kimberly Moore, KDM Engineering
- Kelly Noel, Henderson Engineers
- Ibrahim Odeh, Columbia University
- Brandon Rich, Alvine Engineering
- Erica Ryherd, The Durham School
- Stet Sanborn, Integral Group
- Kevin Sandrella, CMTA
- Matthew Slager, Hanson Professional Services Inc.
- Amir Tasbihi, STV
- Megan Tosh, IES
- Aaron Vanney, JENSEN HUGHES
- Blythe Vogt, Affiliated Engineers Inc.
- Kimberly Wall, Interface Engineering
- Peter Walters, CRB
- Kirstin Weeks, Arup
- Hilary Williams, Arup
Read each of the 2018 profiles (interactive wall). For additional information about the program, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
About Consulting-Specifying Engineer
Consulting-Specifying Engineer (www.csemag.com) published by CFE Media LLC, is a monthly publication serving the nonresidential building industry. It covers mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety engineering for commercial, industrial, government, health care, and high-tech buildings. CFE Media LLC provides engineers in manufacturing, commercial and industrial buildings and manufacturing control systems with the knowledge they need to improve their operational efficiency. CFE Media LLC publishes Consulting-Specifying Engineer, Control Engineering, Oil & Gas Engineering, and Plant Engineering content on a regular basis to more than 434,000 qualified subscribers. CFE Media LLC produces a wide range of weekly and monthly enewsletters, videos, live events, webcasts, and virtual events on www.csemag.com, www.controleng.com, www.oilandgaseng.com, and www.plantengineering.com.
Editor-in-Chief, Consulting-Specifying Engineer
630-571-4070 ext. 2211