OAK BROOK, Ill. — May 16, 2016
Consulting-Specifying Engineer has announced the recipients of the 2016 40 Under 40 award. This award is given to 40 nonresidential building industry professionals age 40 and younger who stand out in personal and professional aspects of their lives. To read a profile of each winner, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
Candidates were nominated by a professional colleague or mentor and judged based on nine areas including their commitment to excellence in their academic, professional, personal, and community involvement. In the May edition and online, Consulting-Specifying Engineer honored each of these young professionals, highlighting traits that lead him/her to continued success, recent professional projects, and personal achievements. Winners will be presented with their award at a ceremony in Chicago on Tuesday, Oct. 4.
“Each year, I’m amazed at the exceptional level of the nominees, and this year’s winners certainly stand out,” said Amara Rozgus, Editor-in-Chief of Consulting-Specifying Engineer. “Now in its ninth year, the bar has been set incredibly high for these winners—and this year’s class met and exceeded all of the judges’ expectations.”
The winners are:
- Sean Avery, DLR Group
- Nikki Bishop, Emerson
- Ian Bost, Baird, Hampton & Brown Inc.
- Nate Boyd, Hanson Professional Services Inc.
- Austin Bredow, ESD (Environmental Systems Design Inc.)
- Greg Brumagen, CMTA Inc.
- Kevin Chow, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Sam Claxton, CMTA Inc.
- Louis DeAlba, Primera Engineers
- Becca Delaney, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Paul Erickson, Affiliated Engineers Inc.
- Will Fletcher, Jensen Hughes
- Scott Foster, Affiliated Engineers Inc.
- George Fragulis, Pond & Co.
- Richard Gerbe, Highmark
- Michael Heinsdorf, ARCOM
- Tyler Jensen, ESD (Environmental Systems Design Inc.)
- Sara Lappano, SmithGroupJJR
- Alex Lofting, Arup
- Trey Long, Jordan & Skala Engineers
- David Manley, D.L. Adams Associates Inc.
- Alex Mathers, exp
- Shane Myrbeck, Arup
- Vance Nall, RMF Engineering
- Michael Nelson, Interface Engineering
- Thomas Phuong, Interface Engineering
- Shamim Rashid-Sumar, Jensen Hughes
- Colin Rees, IES Ltd.
- Dareen Salama, STV
- Kunal Shah, PBS Engineers Inc.
- Ruchi Singhal, Nexus Energy Center
- Suraj Soudagar, KJWW Engineering Consultants
- Deborah Steimel-Clair, Primera Engineers
- Elie Touma, Pepco Energy Services
- Saahil Tumber, ESD (Environmental Systems Design Inc.)
- Elizabeth Valmont, Arup
- Toby White, Arup
- Brad Wilson, PAE
- Jay Wratten, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Jeff Yirak, Wood Harbinger
The 40 Under 40 program is sponsored by Viega. For additional information about the program, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
About Consulting-Specifying Engineer
Consulting-Specifying Engineer (www.csemag.com) is a monthly publication serving the nonresidential building industry. It covers mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety engineering for commercial, industrial, government, health care, and high-tech buildings. Consulting-Specifying Engineer is published by CFE Media LLC. CFE Media LLC publishes Consulting-Specifying Engineer, Control Engineering, Oil & Gas Engineering, and Plant Engineering content on a regular basis to more than 434,000 qualified subscribers. CFE Media LLC produces a wide range of weekly and monthly enewsletters, videos, live events, Webcasts, blogs, and virtual events on www.csemag.com, www.controleng.com, www.oilandgaseng.com, and www.plantengineering.com.