CFE Media is dedicated to the mission of education for both our subscribers and our marketing partners. One of the ways we implement educational opportunities with our partners is through in-person and online events. The Marketing to Engineers® seminar features industry experts presenting tips for successful integrated marketing campaigns and the latest trends relevant to the engineering community.
Marketing to Engineers® 2017 — Registration has closed. If you would like to attend please contact Kristen Nimmo at email@example.com.
Join CFE Media for a day of education on marketing to engineers on Monday, April 3, 2017, in downtown Chicago. During the educational sessions, industry experts will discuss solutions and tactics for marketing to engineers effectively. The 2017 event will feature two engineers panels, a presentation on the latest Marketing to Engineers® study, as well as the results from CFE Media’s “Marketer Research Study” which was conducted to learn from our marketing partners about what trends, techniques, and technologies they are implementing when Marketing to Engineers®.
Need one more reason to join us? Each registrant from your company earns a chance to enter into a drawing that gets you free research! The winner will receive 2 proprietary questions in our next Marketing to Engineers® Research study. Date TBD, and final questions approved by CFE Media. The runner up wins a customized Marketing to Engineers® Lunch and Learn.
This is YOUR event! Engineers think differently.
- Will an engineer register for your content?
- Are your marketing e-mails working?
- Is research at the center of your planning?
- How can you improve your lead nurturing?
- Do engineers value social media?
- What channels are best for your content?
- Have you defined your customer’s personas?
- Can you prove ROI to your C-level?
Get solutions to these questions and more. For the 2017 Marketing to Engineers® event lineup and speakers click HERE.
The event starts on Monday at 10:00 a.m. CT, April 3, at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel—1 West Upper Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601. The day’s sessions will bring together some of the top marketing experts in the industry!
Marketing to Engineers®: Monday, April 3, 2017. Doors open at 9:30 a.m.
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Marketing to Engineers® Seminar – Lunch and beverages will be served.
5:30 p.m.: Cocktails and Networking
6:30 p.m.: Engineering Awards in Manufacturing Presentation and Dinner
For questions about this event, please contact Kristen Nimmo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event sponsored by:
Marketing to Engineers® 2016
In March 2016, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During the educational sessions, industry experts discussed the emerging trends and tactics for marketing to engineers effectively.
- Marketers and sales organizations are in a position to leverage data to tailor solutions specific to company size, industry and generational preferences
- Content marketing is alive and well
- Over digitalization has spurred the growth of face to face events as advertisers work to build trusted relationships with their customers and prospects
- Longstanding marketer pain points clustered around analytics skills are subsiding.
- Think like a customer when you plan and design your site.
- Share content across platforms which drive followers to your site.
- Create an experience that makes viewers want to stay.
Marketers Panel: Perspective from Marketers, Suppliers and Manufacturers: Discussion about the latest research on best practices for marketing to engineers effectively, and what marketing-related issues or topics keep you up at night?
Increasing Lead Quality & Quantity: Yes, you can have it all!: Steve Krull, Founder and CEO, Be Found Online: Perspective from Marketers, Suppliers and Manufacturers: Discussion about the latest research on best practices for marketing to engineers effectively, and what marketing-related issues or topics keep you up at night?
- Define what’s within each of the three pieces of your beefy lead generation system’s funnel: Awareness, Consideration, Decision.
- Learn how to unite channel strategies into one strong lead generation system.
- Be sure your new lead generation ideas are on track for success as Steve reveals the three most common pitfalls to steer clear of.
Results of the Latest Marketing to Engineers® Research: Content Consumption, Advertisements, Mobile Devices/applications, & Data Privacy: Patrick Lynch, Director of Content Marketing Solutions, CFE Media:
This survey—the fifth in the Marketing to Engineers® series—was designed to target the average engineer in order learn about how they find, use, and engage with content that helps them better do their job. Specific topics for this installment include content consumption now compared to 5 years ago, successful advertisement details, using mobile devices for work-related purposes, and concerns with data privacy.
- What content works.
- How to do advertising that works.
- How to execute marketing automation tools.
- How to build a website that truly performs.
- How to build the analytics to measure marketing ROI.
Engineers Panel: Perspective from Engineers: Discussion about the latest research on best practices for marketing to engineers effectively.
- Learn how to increase engagement 100x without pitching products.
- Learn how to convert the engagement to revenue.
- How to get started going uphill against a strong product culture.
- Determine how to overcome the disconnect between marketing and the CEO, and actually gain credibility.
- Learn how to think differently about the role of marketing and how it contributes to success.
- Discover why your marketing efforts haven’t been as successful as they could be.
- Learn the essentials that have generated more than $350 million of first year growth and how to apply them to your organization.
Marketing to Engineers® 2015
In March 2015, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During the educational sessions, industry experts discussed the emerging trends and tactics for marketing to engineers effectively.
- Regardless of the type of purchase, consumers are motivated to buy a brand promise or product when both the left and right sides of their brain “agree” on the decision. Unfortunately, we’ve become very skilled at meeting the needs required by the logic-based left side of our brains, but have ignored it’s very powerful emotion-based partner.
- Most marketers understand that every B2B buyer is on a journey, as part of a team tasked to make the best technology buying decision for their company. What happens when one or more of the buyers are engineers? How do marketers help these engineers make the decision to buy from them?
- Have you thought about marketing automation, but are worried that you’ll make a big investment that won’t pay off? No matter where you are in the process, this presentation by marketing automation expert, Parin Mody, is a must-see for all B2B marketers. It will save you time, money, aggravation—and get you results.
- The digital landscape is constantly changing with new strategies emerging all the time. Join Steve Krull of Be Found Online for what promises to be an entertaining session covering some of the things you can do to get your site, content and campaigns in tip top shape for 2015, and increase your business.
- Why an Integrated Approach is vital to your brand message and business in our world today
- How Brand Consistency benefits from it
- The importance of testing to understand where your audience is and isn’t, and how that makes this all work
- Why Integrated Marketing creates the critical avenues to lead to purchase.
Marketing to Engineers® 2014
In March 2014, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During this afternoon session, industry experts presented tips for marketing communications, new product introductions, marketing campaigns, industrial branding, and other marketing to engineers tools.
- Eliminating bias and jargon from marketing communications
- Understanding how engineers create and understand communications
- Communicating with the B2B buyer
- Market dynamics and changes
- Results oriented marketing for new products
- Barriers and opportunities
- What is an integrated marketing campaign?
- What are the foundational elements that must be addressed?
- How do you know you’ve succeeded?
- The importance of leading with a true brand strategy vs. feature/benefit product strategy
- How brands are either built or destroyed by a company’s actions or inaction
- Why people buy brands and understanding how the attachment to a brand works
- Be Intentional: Why is this the RIGHT message to share RIGHT now?
- Be Generous: What expertise will help AND and build trust?
- Be Ready: How will we get found AND listen?
Marketing to Engineers® 2013
In March 2013, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During this afternoon session, industry experts presented tips for website design, content marketing strategies, and best practices for marketing to engineers.
- Why content is (still) King
- Aligning navigation with user intent, and using research to influence what you think
- Designing with content in mind
- The latest in content marketing research
- How B2B companies and those that target engineers can leverage content marketing to find and retain more customers
- Great content marketing examples in action
- The challenges of marketing to engineers
- What today’s successful integrated marketing campaign looks like
- Case study: A campaign that worked well for ABB
Marketing to Engineers® 2012
In March 2012, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During this afternoon session, industry experts presented tips for successful integrated marketing campaigns and covered the latest trends in social media relevant to the engineering community.
- Adjusting to 24/7 work
- Project case study
- How do engineers get information today?
- Running a successful dynamic integrated program
- Knowing your audience
- How do you choose the right media channels to get the best ROI?
- Best practices in campaign strategy, implementation and measurement
- What is social media?: Busting social myths
- Putting the right social media strategy into context
- Implementation: Putting Strategy into Action
- Why social media for automation suppliers?
- Understanding the correct approach to social media marketing with your engineering audience
- How we connect with manufacturers through social media to grow business opportunities